Ideas for fixing blinds?

Hi

I've bought 4 IKEA ISDANS roller blinds for double glazed windows about

100cm wide

Thing is, I'd like to attach the blinds directly to the windows themselves to allow me to open the windows fully inward for cleaning

I was able to do this with the roman blinds I am replacing by using a long strip of Velcro fixing the wooden top of the blind the top edge of the window. That worked perfectly, but the ISDANS are a good deal heavier than the romans, and raising/lowering is by roller mechanism (brackets designed to be screwed to top or side of framing), which will exert a fair force on any fixing

Any ideas on how to fix the new blinds to the windows securely without drilling or otherwise compromising the window unit's seal?

TIA!

Flynn

Reply to
Flynn

When faced with a similar problem, I used double sided adhesive pads complemented by a single screw into the uPVC frame at each end of the unit. So long as the screws are outside of the bevelled beading, there is no danger of compromising any seals. When I removed said unit a couple of years later I 'cleaned up' the screw holes using a Stanley knife - and then filled them with white silicon sealant. Unless you are actually looking for them, you cannot see the filled screw holes at all.

Reply to
Ret.