I Need Some Light Bulbs !!!!!

The local church that I attend have asked me to try and find a bulb supplier in the UK preferably, who can supply some 120V 7.5W (7 point 5 W) Screw-In bulbs which are used to illuminate the foot pedal keys on the Allen organ.
I have looked at that many websites, I feel that I am going dizzy.
Could anyone possibly help with some information lease ?
With kindest regards,
James
Add pictures here
✖

What size screw base?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edison_screw#Sizes_and_applications
Add pictures here
✖
Could try the UK distributor? Chances are they will know where to source in the UK if available?
http://www.allenorgans.co.uk

Add pictures here
✖
PS some other options when you have established what ES fixing it is:
1. Some low energy LED bulbs have an input rating which is very wide, covering US and european voltages. These tend to give a whiter light but might be an option if space permits and you can find the correct rating to give the light output of the normal bulb. Maybe 2W in this case.
2. You'll probably find some seller on ebay.com willing to ship to the UK (but be very careful of shipping prices). A quick search on "7.5w light bulb" turned up:
http://cgi.ebay.com/S11-7-5W-130V-CLEAR-E26-Medium-Base-Light-Bulb-/350179196148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51884e7cf4
These are $1ea + $6 postage even if you get more than one. Doesn't seem bad to me.
3. Dropping down to say 5W might still be enough light for the purpose and will probably give you a wider range of suppliers?

Add pictures here
✖
On 25/10/2010 13:14, the_constructor wrote:

Does the church have a maintenance contract for the organ? If so, you should be able to get failed bulbs replaced under that.
Otherwise, have you contacted the Allen Organ people? http://www.allenorgans.co.uk/index.php?page «out-us They claim to keep spare parts for all Allen organs made since 1937.
Failing that, you may be able to re-wire the lights to connect to the incoming mains rather than to the 120v transformer, and then use 240v bulbs.
[Since the organs are made in the USA, everything is designed round 110/120v, and they use a step-down transformer for Europe. The church I used to attend has one - which I was instrumental (sorry!) in acquiring for them, and the transformer causes fun and games at PAT testing time because it's connected straight across the mains even when the main switch on the console is off!]
--
Cheers,
Roger

Might be better to run low v to the holders instead, and make up LED clusters. You get 50,000 hour lights that way.
NT
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 25, 1:14 pm, "the_constructor"

I see you haven't got much help yet.
What's the diameter of the thread on the bulbs concerned? 7.5w suggests candelabra base (12mm) lamps, often used to illuminate the translucent base of table lamps in the US. Give us an idea of the overall shape and dimensions and the base dimensions. If my guess is right, then if you've any problems ordering from the USA, an E11 base with a 230 volt 15 watt rating will probably fit OK and be available here and give the same sort of illumination level. Also last forever at that sort of downrating.
Add pictures here
✖

It would be way too dim.
NT
Add pictures here
✖
On 29/10/2010 2:12 p.m., Tabby wrote:

Right, he wants 230v 30w.
Add pictures here
✖

Any 230/240v filament bulb on 110v would be way way down on efficacy, and be no use.
NT
Add pictures here
✖
On 29/10/2010 8:46 p.m., Tabby wrote:

I'm assuming that the filament resistance is constant, in which case the power draw for a 230v 30w bulb on 120v would be about 7.5w. Am I missing something?
Add pictures here
✖

R varies over a ratio of 8:1 for typical filament bulbs. But more important is the filament temperature. When one is underrun, filament temp falls, and efficacy plummets fast & hard. The result would be more a glow.
NT
Add pictures here
✖
the_constructor wrote:

Might it be easier to fit a transformer to the lighting circuit and fit 240V bulbs? It would certainly make things easier in the future.
Tim
Add pictures here
✖