I know this is Off Topic, but HELP !!!!!!!!!

I know this is off topic and doesn't really belong in a DIY NewsGroup, but I am at a loss as to know where to ask for some help and because you are such a helpful bunch on here I thought you may not mind.
I have 6 pictures, all 75 pixels wide by 100 pixels high. I want to join them all together in a row and create just 1 .jpg file.
Can anyone help please ?
I have PhotoShop and Paint.Net but I have never used these programs and I am like a fish out of water.
--
the_constructor

the_constructor wrote:

Using bog standard (free) Paint
Start Paint goto image >attributes and set it to 100 high by 450 wide then edit>pastefrom to each of your bmp images in turn and move them side by side until complete. Then save as a jpg You may have to open each image in turn and save as a bmp first, if they aren't bitmaps.
--
Sue

The problem with this, I suspect, is that you are going to lose a lot of quality. I don't have PhotoShop or Paint.Net but I do have Serif Photoplus and PhotoShop will probably work in the same way.
So, open one image, then open another as well. Copy the second one and close it. Paste it into another layer with the first image. You can then make each layer smaller individually and move the second image to line up with the first. Open a third image. Copy and close. Paste into a third layer. Make it smaller and line it up. Keep doing this with each image. Then combine all layers. Da Dah!
Rob Graham
The last time I saw Serif PhotoPlus was at college - in 1993... Photoshop will not lose any quality - nor will Paint for that matter. The only way you'll lose quality is saving as a JPEG at less than 100% quality. ______________________________ The Grim Reaper

I think you'll find it's moved forward a long way since 1993! I use version 10, and I believe there's a version 11.
My comments re quality were based on the (maybe incorrect) assumption that converting to and from bitmaps to JPEGS might not be ideal. It was not a comment about the actual program. But perhaps it's OK to do what Sue suggested.
Rob
Didn't mean to slate PhotoPlus - like you said it's moved forward - 93 WAS a long time ago :S:S Converting from bitmap to JPEG and back is fine if you know what you're doing - or better still you've got some software that knows what it's doing!!
I was very tired last night - I didn't mean to say one method was better than the other - in fact I'm pretty sure they'll give exactly the same result. ____________________________________ The Grim Reaper

Sue. My sincerest thanks. Jobs a guddon as they say.
--
the_constructor

the_constructor wrote:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html