How to give matt emulsion a slight sheen

I have to repair a mannequin which has been slightly damaged and will be using MATT emulsion because the colour is already mixed (and it is difficult to match exactly).

However, the existing paint has a slight sheen, like an egg-shell finish, which I need to copy.

Can anyone advise the best way to obtain that effect, please. Would it be best to 'polish' it when finished or is there something I can mix in the paint. I know there is a 'glaze' which can be mixed with artist's acrylics but I have no experience of it. (Artist's acrylics and emulsion appear to be almost identical.)

Many thanks.

Eric

Reply to
Cire

Silk or satin varnish.

Reply to
Limey Lurker

Of course. It's too obvious for me! I have both but tend to associate them with woodwork, I suppose. Many thanks.

Reply to
Cire