How to find power rating of a radiator

Hi,
I've having a new kitchen fitted next year, and as a part of it I want to replace my existing radiator with a narrow vertical type to free up some wall space.
My cirrent radiator is a double raiator which is 175cm wide and 70 cmhigh. Any idea if there's a general rule of thumb to get its heat output (BTU or kW) ? as I want to get a very differently styled radioator but want the same heat output.
Or, alternatively...the room is 4.5m x 3.5m. What sort of output from a radiator would I want here?
--
Regards,

Simon Mc

Look at a site supplying radiators and compare radiators of similar configuration (single/double) and size, the output will be quoted beside the size. Watts are the 'new money' of specifying heat output. Try http://www.discountedheating.co.uk /
The make of rad has little to do with the heat o/p compared with the config/size.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla

Wow, that's an old one, it's very unusual to find one w/o convectors these days
The convectors make quite a difference but if you could find data for a single panel radiator (ie one w/o a convector) you could take a guess at it being just under twice the o/p from a single.
Although very few people sell singles (w/o convectors) the data will still likely be found on manufacturer websites and http://www.stelrad.co.uk would be a good place to start.
I've got the data here so here's a sample for Stelrad Elite radiators:
size 600x1000 K2 (double convector) 2266W P+ (double panel with single convector) 1795W K1 (single convector) 1265W P1 (single panel - no convector) 775W
The output from a double panel will be less than the P+ ie 1795W but probably greater than the single convector (K1) 1265W, our guess of 2x single panel would make 1550W but I reckon it would be a little less as the 2 panels are in close proximity, lets say 1450W.
From that little fiddle we have that a double panel will have an output of roughly 65% of a similarly sized double convector.
Howzat?
--
fred