How to end cap a pipe?

I want to take a mixer tap off of my shower for repair, how do I fit an end cap (I think thats what it is called) to seal the pipe while I repair / replace the mixer tap? Is this an easy job to do?
thanks

You can get a 'push fit' end caps from any of the sheds. It does what it says on the label, push to fit...twist & pull to unfit ;-)
Don.
cerberus wrote:

mixer tap, the OP may want to buy a compression end cap instead. The olive can be left in place and the cap just fitted in place of the tap.
The other sorts of end cap tend not to work too well with an olive in place.
--
Sue

It's probably got a 3/4" tap connector on the end of the pipe. I think a 3/4" parallel thread male blanking plug would fit this. I would get a new 3/4" tap connector washer too -- they often aren't reusable after a long time.
I have inline isolators fitted on the pipework to all my taps, which makes this sort of thing easier. Fitting those would be another option.
--
Andrew Gabriel