How to Choose Energy Saving Light Bulbs..??

Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the specifications and/or brands to look out for when choosing energy saving light bulbs?
Or if anyone has any suggestions of low price retailers of energy saving light bulbs?
Or any other info about them... Thank you!

check the website of the company that supplies your electric. Many have offers on for lightbulbs
--
the_constructor

Last time in there Wickes had 100w equiv. Phillips energy savers for 99p on special offer.
Dunelm (if you have one near you) had Osram 100w equiv. for 75p.
The Phillips are really quite compact and also reach full brightness quickly.
Cheapest I've seen anywhere and also the most reputable manufacturers.
I bought a good few.
Hamhoff

Not a shop i normally frequent, but try John Lewis, for the last 3 months (at least in Cambridge and Newcastle) they have had Philips compact fleuros 8w - 18w all at 47P each. Worth stocking up?
Thanks guys for all the info!
I was under the impression that energy saving lightbulbs were much more expensive, they must have come down a lot in price as I seem to recall them being a lot dearer than ordinary lightbulbs.
I'll check some of the suggestions above. Thanks!

Anyone know if / where you can get 150w equivalent bulbs?

Netto 18watt 49p , asda 47p - you can get larger ones, a stall at a local market had some upto 450 watt -try an electrical wholesaler.

I already have 20w bulbs but they are only equivalent to 100w I would have thought 150w equivalent would be about 30w
Oddly, I just bought two of the things yesterday for the kitchen. Normally, I get 75 watt equiv.. I got two because I wasn't sure which one would work and the kitchen looks like a cave.
First one is large physically; General Electric FLE45HLX. 45 watts, 2900 lumens, 150 watt equiv. I tried it yesterday and wasn't impressed. Only the bottom of the spirals lit, the top was dull. Maybe needs to warm up, maybe a dud. $10.99, U.S.
Second one is a supercompact; Feit Electric ECObulb 125. 30 watts, 2000 lumens, 100 watt equiv. This one is actually brighter than the GE. Comes on much faster than the other supercompact GEs that I normally use. www.feit.com $8.99, U.S.
Of course, both are made in China.
Max http://www.northernmichigansolar.com http://www.kitcar.dynip.com/solarpower / [northern Michigan, USA solar powered cabin]