Hotpoint Hob BE42

Hi.
I have a Hotpoint Hob BE42B about six years old .
Two of the rings will heat up for about two seconds without being switched on . This mainly happens when other rings are in use but sometimes without any other ring switched on.
Has anyone any idea why this should happen.
I dont want to go to the expence of replacing the switches if this is not the problem.
Please Advise.
Den.
"Den" wrote:

The only DIY method I can think of is to swap the working switches with the switches that may not be working, and swap the switches that may not be working with the working switches, and see if that confirms faulty switches.