Hot water temperature

ISTR the discussion reckoned they didn't work too well on shiny copper. A bit of black vinyl tape on the pipe improved accuracy.

(must get one...)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Yes, there was a third, pumped shower, currently out of commission for other unrelated reasons.

Indeed, but what I think is happening is that the lower temperature of the hot is reducing the flow of cold, reducing overall flow. I ought to do some experiments, observing any change in flow when the temperature setting of the shower valve is changed.

The pump is delivering much better results than the old gravity feed.

There was a brief period between the plumber's visits when a new shower was operational before he turned down the temperature. My impression, unscientific though it was, was that the flow was better and the temperature control did not have to be set so high before the temperature change. I accept that the latter doesn't really make sense if the thermostatic valve is doing its job properly - temperature setting should be independent of flow.

Reply to
Chris R

Agree with Woody. We have an imersion one that is set to 60C and works perfect. Hot showers all the way.

-John

Reply to
johnm01