hot water cylinder

we are having a new Hot Water Cylinder Indirect Grade 3 450 x 900mm as the present one is leaking i am trying to source this my self to reduce costs and am concerned that the old one was probably imperial fitting its about 20 year old will the new one have a metric thread so the nuts won't fit
cheers
should be the same threads

one, expect to have to re-plumb.
--
fred
thanks for the reply,i/ve since found out that the ports could be different so am trying to source the same manufacturer called castle cylinders in yorshire but the phone number is unobtainable.but ill keep searching

Castle Cylinder Co
Whinney Lane, Streethouse, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF7 6DG (Yorkshire & The Humber)
Phone: 01977 780775 Fax: 01977 702632
thanks for the number is not active though

:)