Hose spraygun

Does anyone know the internal workings of such things?

I have a decent quality brass-bodied spray gun - the type with a dial on the front for selecting one of 10 spray patterns. It won't turn off. At first I could turn off by tapping the protruding end of the valve mechanism where it meets the handle, but pushing it now results in a spray of water backwards, and still no turn off. I suspect an internal washer has deteriorated and is making the mechanism stick and also allowing water backwards.

I have tried oiling every orifice to no effect. When I tried to dismantle it I was defeated at a circular white plastic part under the dial, which appeared to be held on with two screws but would not shift when they were removed, so it's glued, wedged or gunged in.

Any suggestions short of replacing?

Reply to
Chris R

I lost track of how many of those things I have bought, they all end up with water spraying from somewhere it shouldn't, the pound shop ones seem to last just as long as the branded expensive ones. I gave up on them and made this from scrap:

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

I had a Hoselock Spray that leaked all over the place. Apparently it was a result of Frost Damage. Contacted Hoselock, and they said it was not frost resistant, but replaced FOC.

Must have had a teaspoon of water in it over the cold winter

Colin

Reply to
Colin Jackson