Horse Hair Plaster Lifespan

Does anyone know much about horse hair plaster? I think we have it in our old edwardian terrace and in places it seems fairly weak (when hanging up curtain rails). Is there anyway of strengthening what is already there without redoing the whole lot?

What do you mean by "weak"? Lime plaster doesn't have such a hard surface as gypsom plaster anyway. I have reskimmed mine as I've redecorated, as 100 years of wear on the surface has taken its toll. The underlying plaster is mostly OK -- I only had to redo it where it had been messed around with (mostly resulting from misguided attempts at damp course injection in the past).
When fixing things to the wall, make sure to fix through into the bricks, not just the plaster.
--
Andrew Gabriel