Hole in wall - sound insulation destroyed?

I want to pierce a wall so a network cable can go through to the next room. Will I ruin the sound insulation that way? How much of a problem will it be? Will I be able to repair the sound insulation afterwards?

Reply to
Seeker

No, a *small* hole mostly filled with a cable will not be a problem.

I would suggest that two wall mounted connection plates, joined by a short piece of cable within the wall, is neater. The hole can be smaller as it only needs to be the diameter of the cable, not cable plus plug.

Reply to
Palindr☻me