Helping Reduce Cellar Damp - Humi Stop Anyone?

Hi
I wonder if anyone has tried Humi Stop by Tou Pret ? It's supposed to be an anti-damp treatment. I'm sceptical with this kind of thing, but we were thinking of using it in a cellar - not to turn it into a living space, but just for storage.
I'm sure that nothing short of 'Tanking' is going to cure the damp problem, but I'm wondering if this stuff or something like it might help reduce moisture levels..
Maybe you've had reasonable results with something else?
The Humi-Stop is pretty expensive - looks like being close to 50 for 5 ltrs, so any previous experiences would be very welcome.
TIA
Steve