Help Required : How to restart a British Gas F2 boiler

We've had the kitchen re-tiled, and the tiler had to disconnect the CH=HW controller that's installed in the kitchen. At some point he may have turned the mains electricity off and on. Anyway, as it gets colder, other half went to switch on the CH and while the controller panel is displaying as normal, it's not switching on when asked (CH Advance). Checked the boiler which is in the garage, and that's gone off as well -no pilot flame, and switching the only dial on the front on/off/max doesn't ignite the boiler. System is a fully-pumped BG job; boiler is a BG F2 (Potterton?).
On account the kitchen being emptied for the work, can't lay my hands on the boiler manual right now. Can anyone either point me towards a manual for this boiler somewhere on the web, or tell me how to switch it on?
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:08:00 -0800, zeke wrote:

The resources to sort this are in the Main FAQ.
You will need to work out how everything is meant to work and then why it doesn't work.
The smart money would be on a loose contact on the time switch or the timer having being confused by a power outage. Try resetting the time clock.
The boiler is probably the part that is OK.
Thanks, Ed. You're on the button, as usual. The chap wired the controller wrong, so the boiler didn't know it had to fire. What confused me was that I expected to be able to override the controller and start the boiler (to test it was OK), and I couldn't find a way to do that. Once the controller was replaced, it's all tickety-boo.