Gutters

Hi I need some curved upvc gutters and a friend has told me that with the very careful application of heat some brands of plastic gutters can be curved but apparently other brands will just either just burn or crack. He doesn't remember what make burns and what bends, has anyone any experience of reforming gutters using heat? Dave
"David.Parry" wrote:

I don't know whether it's possible, I have only heard of this being done with plastic waste pipe. If this is for running straight lengths past none-90 degree angles then a possible alternative is an adjustable gutter angle: http://tinyurl.com/yxlvpa . If you are able to heat bend upvc gutter you need to consider whether the gutter brackets will fit the new shape.
David.Parry wrote:

Practically impossible to do as you will have to stretch the outside of the curve only.
Best way is to 'cut & shut' the section/s of gutter to suit the curve you want and them get it PVC hot air welded together. The manufacturer may be able to give a fabrication service but a lot of PVC Window Manufacturers have hot air guns. The welding rod colour maybe a problem here as most windows are either white or brown. If you choose grey gutter you may have a problem.
I have 'heat manipulated' a lot of PVC and ABS Soil & Waste in my time but would not dare attempt what you propose.