ground floor toilet

Hi
we are trying to decide where (or if) we can install a toilet on the ground floor.
option 1. put up a partition wall to create a small isolation room (8ft x 2ft) then the toilet room at the end of our long thin kitchen.
option 2. put it in the cupboard under the stairs?
problem is all the ground floor is built on the ground apart from the front room and no way is a toilet going in there.
any advice where to find the regs and some suggestions welcomed.
Mark
Try here:
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/groups/odpm_buildreg/documents/page/odpm_breg_600488.pdf
I put one in under the stairs a couple of years ago but I've got a suspended floor which made it a bit easier. It's not difficult, just plan it carefully and you should be ok. Also have a look at Marley ot Osma websites so you can see exactly what type of fittings are available and whilst planning permission isn't required you should have building control approval where they will come and inspect the work. Some people may not bother but if you sell the house it could cause a problem and also the building inspectors are usually pretty approachable (if you approach them with the right attitude) and can be a source of advice. Email me if you need more info.