grinding glass

Does anyone know if it's possible to get grinding dics which will grind the edges of glass sheets? I need to trim 1.5 mm off the long edges of two 470mm x 944mm 4mm glass panels.
AJH wrote:

Easier and safer to go and buy a glass cutter (diamond or wheeled type) from the local tool/builders merchant - unless of course its toughened glass, and if that is the case, it will shatter when you trim it using either method!
Brian G
1.5mm is probably too fine an amount to "cut" off 4mm thick glass. On a much smaller scale, I've used the green silicon carbide stones you can get for grinding glass with a Dremel.
For the sort of area you're talking about though, you'd be looking at some some sort of carbide sanding belt.
I have a vague recollection the industry use wet belt systems for grinding glass so it may be out of DIY scope anyway? I'd check with a glass merchant....
Daft question but is it possible/easier to take 1.5mm off whatever the glass is going in? Also consider whether it might be cheaper/easier just to replace the glass with correct size from your glass merchant.
HTH
Midge.