Grass Driveway

Hello Folks.

I'm thinking of "constructing" a grass driveway, or more precisely, a grass-reinforced hard-standing for a small motor. There are loads of products out there - does anyone have any experiences? On a related matter, anyone got an idea of how much a dropped kerb and crossover should cost? I've had quotes of 850 to over 2K. When I first had the idea, I was thinking a max of 500!

LLort

Reply to
llort

Depends very much on the Authority concerned, The Authority I work for issues the applicant with a licence & to comply with the terms of the licence, must employ what is known as an 'accredited contractor' to do the work. as far as the grass goes, depending on the load there are concrete products ,look for grasscrete, these come in grades that will allow HGV to stand so long as the substrate is strong enough. For a domestic situation ther are forms of plastic grassgrid , which on a 150mm subbase layer will grass up a treat & support a car. Sorry I am not able to compare costs, but a good builders merchant should be able to source it. Chris

Reply to
Merlin's Laptop

No idea about a grass drive way, but we had the local council drop the kerb to widen the drive to allow 2 cars to park for £185 ,I thought the council were the only people who were allowed to the work and that were covered for any damage to cables

Reply to
Kevin

I looked at the industry leader (Grasscrete) but don't like the product at all - I want a sturdy product (not industrial strength) that looks

99% like grass afterwards (otherwise what's the point?). There seem to be under grass products and over grass, both with pros and cons.
Reply to
llort

WOW, incredible! Cheapest quote so far is 800 quid (for 4.5m and a standard "crossover")The contractors don't need accreditation, but do need a minimum public liability insurance.

Reply to
llort

have you asked you local council??

Reply to
Kevin

Yes, they won't do it.

Reply to
llort

thats a bummer you need to move to the Wokingham council area then :-)

Reply to
Kevin