gluing mouse runners

A question for a glue expert. Whats the best way to reglue the polythene runners under my Logitech mouse, which have started to peel off after only 7 years continuous use. I don't think Bostik will adhere much to polythene, or whatever plastic it is.

bland

Reply to
bland

It is probably ptfe - not much will *bond* to it - so the best you can hope for is a permanently sticky adhesive that never totally dries. So, bits of double sided adhesive tape, trimmed to size, is probably your best bet, if you want to re-use the originals.

Having said that, you may find that good quality cyanoacrylate may hold, as the joint isn't under tension.

You can buy ptfe tape with an adhesive surface in place. That should last as long as the original, give or take a few years. Probably the best!

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Funny but mine did this last night. I came down to find the laser flashing on the wall and it not charging. One of the runners had come off and covered the charging contact!

Reply to
EricP
'ONLY' 7 years use. You can probably get a new mouse for less cost than a tube of glue.

Reply to
stevej

That's giving up! I hope my trackball doesn't pack up, they don't make the model I like any more.

Reply to
Roland Butter

polythene

Superglue (cyanoacrylate) works. But why not bin the mouse & buy a new one, they're only a few quid. Regards Mike.

Reply to
Mike Cawood, HND BIT