Glow worm boiler at 0.3 bar

Our boiler pressure has gone down to 0.3 bar, we have tried turning the blue water knob underneath (usually works), there is no sound of rushing water like there usually is, and the net effect of turning the knob is zero.
We have done a bit of research and discovered that the expansion vessel valve can be used to pump up the pressure again. With great difficulty we got the cap off the expansion vessel and attached a bike pump, we gave 20 or so pumps and turned the boiler back on, but the pressure had only shifted from 0.3 to 0.4 - we cannot seem to get it any higher by pumping air in.
We tested the valve, and there was a sound of escaping air, so we guess our diaphragm is not ruptured.
We don't want to do much else because we do not want to destroy our expansion vessel or damage the boiler in any other way.
We were wondering if we've missed any other vital steps - in another post we read that you need to depressurise the main system first, but we have no idea how to do that. Howe much air do you need to pump in with the bicycle pump for the expansion vessel to regain ideal pressure?
On 7 Jan, 09:22, snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm wrote:

Hi
Theres a possibility that the filling loop is blocked with debris. This comes in from the mains and is reduced down quite a bit through it. Im a heating engineer and have come across this on numerous occasions.
Hope this helps
Plumbline direct
www.plumblinedirect.com
Thanks for your reply. How do you go about declogging the valve?
You were right - there was debris stuck in the filling loop. We called a serviceman.
On 7 Jan, 16:36, snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm wrote:

Glad i could help!