Gloss Paint Drips

OK...did my first real stint of gloss painting yesterday. Used Dulux Once, and have now read advice in the archives saying not to...and I wish I hadn't.

Whilst the finish looked fine as I was painting, when I went back to it a while later, drips had formed in several areas. I now have a door that has about 6 drips/runs, and a radiator with a few less!! :-)

Anyway...short of sanding everything down, is there another way to get rid of the drips? Would something like T-Cut be a stupid idea?

Cheers

John

Reply to
John Whitworth

I don't think T-Cut is abrasive enough to remove gloss paint runs. Either an electric sander, an abrasive block or abrasive paper held by a block, starting with coarse, then going to medium then fine grade abrasive, are some possibilities. Careful brush application of new gloss on the sanded areas should avoid getting an edge with the earlier painted surfaces.

Reply to
Codswallop

"John Whitworth" wrote

I rent out two houses and redecorate them internally every two years. The woodwork is always done with the ONCE paint. I have never had a problem with drips, none at all. One of the bathrooms has a gloss ceiling and I even use ONCE with a roller to redo the ceiling. Do it slowly and again, no drips. I have not read the "archives" so I don't know why people have said to avoid this paint. Other white glosses that I have tried have been much messier and still look worn after 2 years.

Reply to
jaeSMITH

I've used ONCE and didn't notice much difference in application from ordinary gloss; you put too much on and don't go over with the brush to smooth out/remove the excess you get runs.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

OK. Thanks guys. I guess it looks as if I rushed it a bit. The 'other half' has decided that she is much better at gloss painting though, so she will be doing the rest. I get to do all the ceiling and wall painting! Alls well that ends well!! ;-)

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

Sounds like a result to me, if I though it would work I'd try it as well.

Mike

Reply to
Mike