Glass bricks

We are thinking of puting some glass bricks into an internal single brick supporting wall possibly 5 bricks wide by 10 bricks tall. This would bring in some welcome light into a dark windowless narrow hallway.
As stated the wall is a supporting wall for the flat above (we live in a block of 4 ie 2 flats across and 2 flats up) and we are a bit unsure what type of support would be needed. Would a concrete lintel be enough or would we require an RSJ. We are reasonable competent with regards to DIY but we were wondering how easy these bricks were to install or should we leave it to the experts?!
Any help/tips etc appreciated :)
Thanks in advance