Glass Block Wall for Shower Enclosure?

I'm thinking of putting together a bespoke shower cubicle. Two walls would be tile on brick/plaster. The third would be constructed of glass blocks.
Several Questions:-
1/ Anyone else done this?
2/ How about waterproofing the joints, could they be grouted or is this a no-no?
3/ The boxes in the DIY shed suggested they could be reinforced, presumably along the joints. I'd be worried about a 1900mm high wall of glass blocks being simply knocked over if a person fell against them, any comments?
4/ Is this a really stupid idea?
Cheers
Al
"Al" wrote:

Not me.

See http://www.glassblockoutlet.co.uk/products-rods-mortar-howto.html (Step 7)

Two reinforcing systems mentioned on this website: http://www.glassblockoutlet.co.uk/ (rods & mortar, and easifix)

No, it is personal choice, if a glass block shower wall appeals to you then go for it.

The glass blocks are reinforced with metal rods that fit between the blocks when you stick them together, so creating a strengthening lattice to hold them steady. You should be able to grout them just the same as normal tiles. Hotfoot
: "Al" wrote: : > I'm thinking of putting together a bespoke shower cubicle. Two walls : > would be tile on brick/plaster. The third would be constructed of glass : > blocks. : > : > Several Questions:- : > : > 1/ Anyone else done this? : : Not me. : : > 2/ How about waterproofing the joints, could they be grouted or is this a : > no-no? : : See http://www.glassblockoutlet.co.uk/products-rods-mortar-howto.html (Step : 7) : : > 3/ The boxes in the DIY shed suggested they could be reinforced, : > presumably along the joints. I'd be worried about a 1900mm high wall of : > glass blocks being simply knocked over if a person fell against them, any : > comments? : : Two reinforcing systems mentioned on this website: : http://www.glassblockoutlet.co.uk/ (rods & mortar, and easifix) : : > 4/ Is this a really stupid idea? : : No, it is personal choice, if a glass block shower wall appeals to you then : go for it. : : > Cheers : > : > Al : :