GFCI Problem

I have a GFCI which was not providing power to its outlet. I could trip it and it would reset fine. I suspected the GFCI was bad and installed a new one (one hot, one neutral wire and the ground). It does exactly the same thing. This one has an LED indicator indicating the wiring is correct which goes out when tripped. I checked to see what happened when tripped - the outlet the has power> What's going on??

------------------------------------- Don

__!__ -----o----- \" \"

Reply to
jdmjr

Don,

I suspect that by using the term GFCI, that you are not in UK where most readers of this newsgroup are based.

Maybe you will get a better response from a NG/forum read by more of your countrymen who might understand what you are referring to. Good Luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

WTFH is a GFCI? I asked STWNFI and got TTBO even GOG only came up with Global Financial Centres Index (GFCI)

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

Google is your friend:

In the United States and Canada, a residual current device is also known as a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI).

Reply to
Triffid