Getting plaster flat

Hi

I am having trouble getting a smooth flat finish on a wall. Its only 3' wide by 6' high and the base plaster went on ok(ish). i am trying to use a flat piece of wood to pull up over the plaster but keep pulling little bits off.

Mark

Reply to
Mark D Smith

You can (and should) do this on the scratch (under) coat, but not on the finish (top) coat.

I and others have posted many articles on how to plaster. Here's one:

Andrew Gabriel

Thanks Andrew

I'll try an digest the info.

Mark