Found this site http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm Very good IMHO Could almost form part of a FAQ ?
--
Vass

Gerat = Great

There is a superb DIY FAQ at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/index.html but when it comes to explaining how a light fitting works then I usually link to http://www.userview.co.uk/loop1.html
Adam
Vass wrote:

Interesting Vass,
Just read the bit about 'renewing sash cords' - oh I wish it was as easy as they describe here!
Just 'pull' the weight pocket cover out they say! - I've spent b***dy ages trying to do just that on some sashes (and that's just to get to it) and oh the joys of having a wristwatch smashed to smithereens when the top, uncorded sash of a 'Venetian' window suddenly dropped onto my arm - even after nearly 35 years, I have still to work out how that happened! :-(
Brian G