Gate valve broken

I have a broken gate valve in the pipe feed from the cold water tank for my mixer shower. ( It won't close). Are there any products available that can just be screwed into the pipework to stop water flow from the storage tank without me having to drain it?
thanks
I have a broken gate valve in the pipe feed from the cold water tank for my mixer shower. ( It won't close). Are there any products available that can just be screwed into the pipework to stop water flow from the storage tank without me having to drain it?
thanks

Put a taper on a cork (Stanley knife) and push it into the tank outflow orifice - I assume you can tolerate a wet hand!
Julian
great idea thanks.