gas ignition problems

I have a faily new range gas cooker

Might as well tell how it went wrong first .....

I put a potato in the oven but when I went to gt it out it rolled backwards into the flames at the back. No problem, turned off the gas, and got the potato out.

Now when I light the oven it sparks, then lights and a few seconds later it flames properly.

Trouble is that a few seconmds after that. the elctonoc spark startsagain even though the gas is fully on

Any ideas please (other than dont cook potatoes)

Reply to
Roy

Have a look for a small tube that should sit in base of the flame. It has probably been knocked out of the way. It is a type of thermocouple and needs to get hot to tell the spark unit the flame is lit.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Have a look for a small tube that should sit in base of the flame. It has probably been knocked out of the way. It is a type of thermocouple and needs to get hot to tell the spark unit the flame is lit.

Adam

Hi Adam cant thank you enough, all fixed now.

back to the spuds

Reply to
Roy