Gas Cooker Help Please...?

This task is giving me an headache......
At Church we have a gas cooker range made by a company called JCA Limited.
We need a new knob for it as the last one disappeared a few years ago. The cooker works great, but at the last gas inspection, we were told that it could fail and be put out of service due to the missing knob.
I haven't been able to find the company and so I tried a new knob which would take a 1/4" spindle, but this was too small.
Model number of cooker is 8962
So, what do I want ? A new knob to take a spiindle larger than 1/4" and an address of the company or company who may have bought this company out.....
Any help will be much appreciated.
Kindest regards,
Jim G

I was offered a load of knobs in a thread a week or so ago - to which I haven't yet replied but I will! Search for 'Generic Control Knobs for Electrical Devices'
[Not even bunny]
I'd have thought you might look at who makes the taps used in the cooker, as odds are they used something off the shelf and these might well be made with generic knobs, ie it might not look the same but it would work. Brian
--
Brian Gaff - snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk