gas boilers

Parents need a new boiler to replace their 30 year old Potterton, any recommendations? The last gas engineer recommended Worcester boilers. I notice Which? magazine tested quite a few different ones in September 2006 does anyone subscribe and could tell me the best buys?
"Marvin" wrote:

I haven't a clue. What I do in this situation is phone two or three local tradesmen and ask which make/model they recommend and which they would advise to steer clear of. I did that last week when we needed to replace our washing machine - I phoned a couple of local washing machine engineers and got their recommendations.
"DIY" <secret> wrote in message

I wire up the thermostats and power supplies for 5 different (and IMHO very good)plumbers. 2 fit Baxis and 3 fit Worcester.
Adam

WE tend to fit Baxi`s, a good reliable middle of the road boiler. Worcesters are good too but pricey. BG have some sort of tie up with them and usually use them (hence high quotes). A lot of plumbers also fit Worcester as people tend to get local plumbers to quote for the same thing as "good old BG" so they can compare prices more easily for the actual fitting side of things.
Richard

Point taken, however one of the 2 that fits the Baxis has a Worcester in his own house.
Adam