Garage Security

Hi - can anyone recommend the best way to make a garage secure? Lot of thefts locally from garages,either lock forced or some sort of wire passed through gap at top between the frame and door. I've seen items that you can sink into the ground in front of the door and padlock or bolts that go accross the frame.What's the best to use?

Thanks,

Trevor P.

Reply to
Trevor

for unobtrusive look add a 5 lever mortise on either side about 2 foot from the ground.

2 externally mounted van vault locks would do the same job, but be very visible
Reply to
mrcheerful

Isn't that a good thing?

The Plank is out for a quick bit of loot and sees fort knox, or at least something that is going to make a bit of noise breaking and moves on?

That is what we have done around here with T bars and the trouble has stopped.

Reply to
EricP