Garage Floor continued...

Once I've pored the floor slab - how long before it goes off so I can walk over it and stand stuff on it? I know it varies by temperature, but in the next week or so, so I'm thinking generally warm.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews

It depends on the mix used, generally speaking if you used a cem 1 or opc mix it will set faster than a blended mix, and if you used the stuff you mix yourself which can be cheap and nasty, I would leave it at least 4 days before standing on it, as for pulling a car on it I would leave it for 7 -

10 days depending on the temperature, but concrete will only reach maximum strength after 28 days, if you give me the mix details I will work it out for you.
Reply to
Keith Hampson

Hi Keith,

The mix is RC35, min 200mm thick.

I'm currently struggling with the logistics of pouring the trench foundations - circa 5.5m3 . The people I had in mind to help me will be away for the next week or so so it would be two weeks before they could help out. My son is away for the next week also. I had anticipated getting readimix poured directly into the trench (the furtherst trench is 5m away from the closest trench - basically a 5M long garage with 3M sides) and it seems that the mixing lorries can't pour directly that far back. Without manpower shifting the cement by wheelbarrow (the slab area is circa 350mm lower than the general ground level) it's a difficullt one. I guess I'll have to pay someone to fill the trench for me!

Thanks for your assistance.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews