garage floor

My garage floor is currently covered with what appears to be a concrete mix with too much sand. Will it be a viable option to redo the floor in 2 halves as it is also full of stuff and I have nowhere else to put it. What would be the minimum depth of hardcore and concrete to support a car.
cheers Jon_H
Jon_H wrote:

Depends on how good you are with a float. You will have to put gauging battens down first to ensure level. Mix material with clean water to instructions on bag, dampen existing floor and trowel material on to floor making sure it is firmed onto the existing. Smooth with steel float and do not add water at this stage. do not allow to partly dry out and then polish as you would witha normal screed.
If you know a Plasterer get a price off him.