Gap Between Floor and Skirting

I have just removed the laminate flooring in my kitchen and there is a 1/2" gap between the floor and skirting board it was not there when I fitted the laminate flooring.The floor is like a MDF board the house is only 10 yrs old I am planning to put tiles on the floor any advice welcome
"Angus Noon" wrote:

I would investigate the cause of the gap, fix that, fill the gap, paint the skirting board then lay the new floor tiles.
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/laying_floor_tiles.htm
thanks for that