fridge problems , keeps flooding with water!!

Basically a 8 year old standard stand up fridge , freezer at the bottom , fridge at the top etc , but it seems to fill with water at the bottom where the two standard issue draws are , i empty out the water every so often and it seems to fill back up , theres a plug that is for the over flow which appears to not be blocked but it still fills with water , i must say that the freezer , looks like it needs defrosting , but its not that compartment that fills with water its the fridge part .....any advice welcomed.

which forms on the inside back wall runs down, into a v-shaped gutter and out through a small hole, onto a tray over the motor from which it is meant to evaporate. What really happens, is that any odd particle of food, drop of milk, gravy etc getting on the back wall also goes into the hole, a plug of orange slime (whether fungal or bacterial I neither know nor care) builds up, and the water can't drain through. I find that unless you actually pass something all the way through the drain hole, it is difficult to tell if its clear.
It hasn't been so bad with more attention to keeping the back wall and gutter clean.
Duncan
Duncan

Duncan , thank you for that info , my fridge sounds just the same , when you pass something though the hole , is it quiet deep ? what have you found to be the best item for unblocking the hole ?

pronged fork fixed to a wooden olive! Other things which worked were a wooden cocktail stick or a disposable wooden chopstick cut in half.

Good job you don't live in Tewkesbury!
--
Regards
p.mc

"Duncan" < snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Hi, we had tehe sam e problem. And it happened again. I think you need a non sharp long thin object to pass through the pipe. But I cant think of anything. Am still trying to work it out.

Get hold of something like a speedo or tacho cable, and use the inner wire from that. You could also try a length of inner brake cable from a bicycle. Or maybe a length of thin PVC tube.
--

Cheers

Derryck