Fridge Freezer too cold; fine if you like ICE cold milk and snow in the freezer compartment.

The alarm light on the front panel stays on all the time, the temp indicator on the panel does not move. The doors are fully closed/good seal. It is not next to a heat source.
Is it a thermostat? How easy are they to replace?
I'm not having much luck finding info on this make. It must be too old :-| I can't even get a user guide/manual, and I'm usually the queen of that!
BOSCH DUOTRONIC KGS 3700 GB Other numbers are 01 FD 7009 and 0 700 334 180
Any help gratefully received, as woud be a recommended repair person in south Bristol :-)
--
Vj

Go here-
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/index.php