Freezer problem

Hi,

Our fridge freezer is on the blink, the fridge is fine but the freezer gets way too warm. I got my air compressor out and thoroughly dusted the various bits underneath but to no avail. Door seal is fine too. It comes back on fine when I press the fast freeze button so I deduce that the problem is the thermostat... Or is it likely to be the control circuitry?

It's a five year old frost-free Beko if that helps. Unfortunately there's no display of freezer temperature.

TIA,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

Thermostat sounds favourite.

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

Thought so :) Anyone got any recommendations on where to buy a replacement? I've tried searching the online parts places but none seem to stock a replacement for my particular model.

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

You say "unfortunately" - however, the lack of a temperature display could make it more likely that you have a standard two-wire "mechanical" thermostat - rather than a temperature sensor linked to an electronic control board. And a standard two-wire thermostat can often be replaced with a "generic", if the correct part isn't available.

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

Hi all again,

I've replaced the temp sensor in the freezer (after a long wait for the part) but this still happens. I hate waste (and the fridge works fine) and hence am trying to decide whether to buy a new unit or have a go at replacing the control circuitry which seems to cost £100. I don't hold out much hope that that will fix it, given the general reliability of solid state electronics!

There are more sensors attached to the cooling matrix in the freezer which I guess have something to do with the frost-free bit (sorry, forgot to mention that). Could it be that whatever defrosts it gets stuck on intermittently (presumably turning off the main cooling action).

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

What temperature is it outside of the fridge freezer? If it is a model that has one dial for both freezer and fridge it is probably only designed to work in warm rooms. If it has separate controls for freezer and fridge I regret I have no ideas.

Reply to
Invisible Man