Freezer problem

Hi,
Our fridge freezer is on the blink, the fridge is fine but the freezer gets way too warm. I got my air compressor out and thoroughly dusted the various bits underneath but to no avail. Door seal is fine too. It comes back on fine when I press the fast freeze button so I deduce that the problem is the thermostat... Or is it likely to be the control circuitry?
It's a five year old frost-free Beko if that helps. Unfortunately there's no display of freezer temperature.
TIA,
Peter.
Peter Spikings wrote:

-- Sue
Palindrome wrote:

Thought so :) Anyone got any recommendations on where to buy a replacement? I've tried searching the online parts places but none seem to stock a replacement for my particular model.
Thanks,
Peter.
Peter Spikings wrote:

could make it more likely that you have a standard two-wire "mechanical" thermostat - rather than a temperature sensor linked to an electronic control board. And a standard two-wire thermostat can often be replaced with a "generic", if the correct part isn't available.
-- Sue
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 23:34:45 +0000, Palindrome wrote:

Hi all again,
I've replaced the temp sensor in the freezer (after a long wait for the part) but this still happens. I hate waste (and the fridge works fine) and hence am trying to decide whether to buy a new unit or have a go at replacing the control circuitry which seems to cost £100. I don't hold out much hope that that will fix it, given the general reliability of solid state electronics!
There are more sensors attached to the cooling matrix in the freezer which I guess have something to do with the frost-free bit (sorry, forgot to mention that). Could it be that whatever defrosts it gets stuck on intermittently (presumably turning off the main cooling action).
Thanks,
Peter.
Peter Spikings wrote:

If it is a model that has one dial for both freezer and fridge it is probably only designed to work in warm rooms. If it has separate controls for freezer and fridge I regret I have no ideas.