Free standing bedroom furniture recommendations

Does anyone have any recommendations for good quality free-standing bedroom furniture ranges?
Mother-in-law is downsizing to a flat and looking for matching small wardrobe, dressing table, chests of drawers, bedside cabinets etc.
Not looking to spend silly money, but don't want cheap n nasty rubbish either. Obviously not looking for ultra modern stuff, but not too traditional either as she fancies something a bit more up to date.
TIA Midge.
Midge wrote:

Have you had a look at www.ikea.co.uk - or walked around their nearest store to you?
They generally have a fair stock of such items ranging from the special offer to the high-end stuff - no1 son and wife got most of their stuff from there.
Cash
Thanks Cash - she had looked around Ikea already and nothing caught her eye.
We are currently looking around at some of the smaller players like Caxton furniture, but its difficult to know what is good/bad without actually seeing the stuff......
On 16/02/2011 23:26, Cash wrote:

IKEA is just about the best designed & made flat pack around. I assemble loads of flat pack & get to see the good, bad & ugly.

Thanks - we'll maybe give it another look.