Food waste disposer.

Hi i'm looking at getting a new disposer for my new house. If anyone has any reccomanditions i'd be glad to hear them. My old unit was a waste maid. Had a poke around and found a couple of british manufactureres. maxmatic and tweeny (are they any good).

Reply to
john

Just replaced my Tweeny installed in 1987 a few weeks ago, not because it failed but because it was opportune. The original cost £69 and the new one £105. Good value.

(They now come with 13 amp plugs on them)

Reply to
EricP

Reply to
john

The box is in the garage but this is the type,

or a bit posher

HTH

Reply to
EricP

Reply to
Paul Saunders

Anyone gat a maxmatic.

Reply to
john

I had a Maxmatic for about 20 years until it gave up the ghost a couple of years ago. I looked for a similar model but could not find a Maxmatic. I finally replaced it with a "Insinkerator" which has been working fine for the last couple of years. I must admit that I preferred the Maxmatic though.

Reply to
kipper