Food waste disposer.

Hi i'm looking at getting a new disposer for my new house. If anyone has any reccomanditions i'd be glad to hear them. My old unit was a waste maid. Had a poke around and found a couple of british manufactureres. maxmatic and tweeny (are they any good).
On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:29:26 +0000 (UTC), "john"

Just replaced my Tweeny installed in 1987 a few weeks ago, not because it failed but because it was opportune. The original cost 69 and the new one 105. Good value.
(They now come with 13 amp plugs on them)
muttered and said:

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:46:19 +0000 (UTC), "john"

The box is in the garage but this is the type,
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 790&ts8949
or a bit posher
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?idY241&ts9116
HTH
I also have a tweeny which has been going since1988. Had to replace a couple of seals a couple of years after it was new but has been ok since then. Maxmatic are also supposed to be pretty good. They now, in fact bought out Tweeny.

Anyone gat a maxmatic.

I had a Maxmatic for about 20 years until it gave up the ghost a couple of years ago. I looked for a similar model but could not find a Maxmatic. I finally replaced it with a "Insinkerator" which has been working fine for the last couple of years. I must admit that I preferred the Maxmatic though.