Flushpipe problem.

I have a leaking flushpipe - the trouble is, it looks a bit strange, so I don't know if it can be repaired in the usual way. The cistern sits on a raised lip at the back of the bowl, so there isn't much room between the two. The flushpipe is a right-angled moulded thing with a flat flange at each face, and screwholes so that it can all be fixed together. There is a foam washer at the mating surface with the cistern, but nothing between it and the bowl. It's leaking a bit, and to be honest, I can't imagine how it would be expected not to, given that there is nothing sealing it. Is there something missing from this arrangement, as I suspect?

Thanks.

Reply to
Mr. Spigot