Flush with floor level, l shower tray question

I currently have a small ensuite toilet with a normal shower tray that stands a few inches above floor level, I would like to replace the the shower tray and generally re vamp the toilet. One thing I want to do is take out the old shower tray and have this flush (with slight incline) with the floor.

Obviously I cant use a standard shower tray and would probably need to use a square of some kind of sheeting and then tile on top of this to match the rest of the floor. Before I start to rip things apart does anyone know if there will be sufficient space under the floor (I think 6 ") to allow a u bend and will this be sufficient for the water to drain away? Could I use as I have seen in some european countries a flexible hose that is shaped to form a u bend as this might be easier if working in limited space.

Has anyone done a similiar thing and have experience of this.

Any help appreciated thanks

Reply to
Scudo

Paul Saunders

Thanks thats exactly what I was looking for.

Reply to
Scudo