Flush electrical sockets - flat plate

Looking to decorate my living room/dining room and the wife wants to replace the standard white power and light sockets with brass. She also likes the look of the flat plate designs. Looked at both screwfix and toolstation and the latter do a range of brass flat plate screwless sockets. These mention magnetic fittings. Has anyone used these before and can vouch for them?
Are they really sturdy considering I expect the front fits onto some fitting plate you have to put on first (onto the standard back boxes) with magnets?
I also run homeplug networking in the house. I'm wondering if the "magnets" might affect this?
Thanks Andy
http://www.thefunhouse.plus.com
As long as the walls are flat and you have deep switches box's to enclose all the cables - especially with dimmer switches you should have no problems.