Flippin diy rant

I startd my bathroom re-vamp. There was no nice tap on the hot water cistern in the loft, so had to turn the cold stop c*ck (not oftn you get away with usinh that work in a newsgroup eh?) off, and drain it allllllllll down. I got the taps off the bath, crikey were they welded on? I had bought a brand new shiny adjustable tap tool, because my trusty BLUE tap tool was pant's in the awkward space.

I managed to reuse one pipe and tap connector, but had to fit a flexi connector for the one *furthest* *away* But they work :-)

It took an hour of frowning to get the taps off the sink, no chance to re-use the tap connectors because of some weird tap post size, so flexi connectors with shut off valves (aren't they lovely) went on them.

Rightho, lets get the loo from the hallway, now there's room to swing a small sparrow. I take them out of there little wrappers... Hmmmm the cistern has no way of being bolted to the pan, well, who cares, it'll be secured to the wall.

So I position it up against the poo pipe jutting out from the floor (I've got my P connector), yep looks ok; then I put the cistern on the top to see where to ram the wall fixings, and, my heart basins, sorry, sinks. It's three[1]inches away from the[2] wall.

I'm not beaten yet. I measure&mark where it should be then move the pan and cistern out of the way to take up the botched floor job underneath, to see if I can modify the plactic waste pipe.

The floor board pieces are secured with an assortment of ordinary, super rusting, rammed right in screws.

I've squirted all twelve of them with rust melting WD40 and come here with a cup of tea and a ciggy to have a moan.

Will I be able to modify the pipe? Will i even be able to get the floor up?

I'll tell you what will happen, I'll have to crow bar the floor up, then have to buy wood to replace the broken pieces (this time I'll use two pieces instead of the *SIX* that are ther shall I?!) and I won't be able to modify the pipe, then I'll have to go and search for a bog that costs twice the [3] price!!

Roll on tomorrow, cause I have to go to work soon :-wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Footnotes

1: Mnsert major expletive 2: See footnote 1 3: Ditto
Reply to
V?dk?j?ll?

Thats why I was trying to give you my swan neck connector.

You have the 90 degree one?

I said the swan necked one underneath. That's what is in my back garden!

Reply to
EricP

That wasn't the problem though...

The whole pan needs to be closer to the wall, otherwise the cistern would be

3 inches away from the wall. Because the soil pipe sticks up proud of the floor by 2 inches I can't push the pan closer because it butts up to the base of the pan.

Anyway, The WD40 worked :-) and I've taken the little boards up, and the soil pipe elbow was removable, and what's more, it has an extension fitting on it before it joins the main pipe! Wey Hey!!

All is not lost. It's outside soaking in some DAZ and hot water, then tmorrow I'll remove the extension pipe, or buy a new elbow (as it looks like it's been stuck with white gunk) and stick the elbow back in the main pipe, re-arrange the floorboard jigsaw (I hope) stick in the P pipe (or fetch your swan neck jobbydoodah), snuzzle the pan up to it, and finally, finally have a wee :-)

ho ho ho

Aren't my family lucky there's an outside loo eh? :-)

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ