Flashband

Hi all, I am in the process of fitting a roll of flashband to seal the newly fitted roof on an out house I have done up.

I was sold only the roll itself from BnQ Dundee, but after looking on the net it seems there is a primer needed.

Could I use a weak mixture of unibond as a primer?

The wall surface is smooth and even after much hammer and bolster work and lots of wire brushing....dome hanging upside down from the main wall that continues on higher than my roof..

I tried to find Evostik.com but it didn't come up.

Regards Alan in Arbroath.

Reply to
Alan

Most people don't; wipe off any loose dust. Apply the flashband. Heat from topside with either a hair dryer [that I'm sure you keep in van!] or a hot air paint stripper, or I've even used a gas flame gun in past. WITH LAST 2 pass over surface very quickly.

Once heated put device to one side, then press flashband into place using a cloth; bitumen will then be very tacky and malleable so you can mould into shape.

Reply to
Gel

Oh & dont use PVC as a primer; only bitumen based will do. If you have some roofing mastic you could thin with paraffin, to create a primer, but normally not necessary.

Reply to
Gel

================= The primer required is actually like bitumen paint so Unibond is not the right thing to use.

I would suggest that you do use the primer because you can brush it on to give a good uniform coating to which the flashband will adhere without cavities.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero