Flakey Paint

30 year old paint on internal walls is flakey I've removed all the loose bits but if I'm to paint over I'm sure ridges would shoe through

Is it just a matter of sanding forever? or is there another way ?

Reply to
Vass

I recently spent 1-2 hours per day, for 4-5 days doing one (1) door. Took paint stripper, and lots and lots of sanding with two electrical sanders: one large one and a mini (iron shape) for the smaller awkward surfaces.

The paint stripper stuff is just scary: it's a suspected carcinogen. I wouldn't advise its use indoors at all. My door led to the outside, so I had some fresh air circulating.

Reply to
jan V