Fixings for plaster board on blockwork?

I have a towel rail etc to fix into a new bathroom. The room is facebrick-concrete block then plasterboard fixed with dabs of plaster. there is therefore a gap between the plasterboard and the blocks- I can't see a normal rawlplug being strong enough for the possibility of extra weight on the towel rail from the kids/adults etc.
this type of wall is new to me, what is the preferred method of fixing onto it?
Try these, http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 595&ts#102 or http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 143&ts#127 or http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 441&ts#157 for really heavy stuff.
There is a whole range of them choose the one that is suitable for your weight application.
All availble in BandQ, etc. Regards G

Thanks, I don't think they are ideal because of the breeze block ~2cm behind the plaster board. Or are they?
you are probably better off drilling through the plasterboard and into the breeze block and use ordinary plugs/screws. Just don't tighten too much that you bend the plasterboard.
ken

I await with interest the replies as I have a similar problem. Plasterboard is on thin battens that leave a 1.5cm gap between the back of the tiled plasterboard and the block wall, not big enough for 'normal' plasterboard fixings and if rawlplugs are used in the block the plasterboard collapses when the screws are tightened...
Peter
As you say, plasterboard is very fragile. But if you drill and use ordinary plugs through into the blockwork and just nip the screws up, that should be enough to hold a towel rail. Another way is to drill through the plasterboard and into this hole, squirt some 'Grip fix' so it fills the gap behind. when this goes off, just then drill straight through into the blockwork and fit the wall plugs and fix as usual. I have fixed loads of things to walls like this.
ken

Thanks Ken - I need to fix a grab rail over a bath for an elderly friend and the wall is also tiled. The gripfix solution seems good.
Peter
Gripfix?
I have never heard of this, is this in most DIY stores?

Light->medium loads ie towel rail use:- http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 143&ts#127 There is also a setting tool for these which works well and stops damage to the plasterboard. http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 2508&tsW445&id429
For stair hand rail in last house I used resin fixings. http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?cId 0071&tsW368
Drill through plaster board into block work, clean hole very well (buy the brushes), inject resin into hole and behind the board (remember to buy more nozzles as they are one time use only), insert stud. Allow to set, cut studs to length, attach handrail and with dome nuts. You could swing an elephant on the handrail in my last house, no movement at all.

If there's a gap between the board and blockwork then you could improve this by adding a back-nut, screwed on before fixing the rail, to sit flush with or a mm or so inset from the board surface, then the rail position would be rigidly fixed without loading the board at all. A dab of loctite semi- permanent on the back-nut wouldn't do any harm either.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla