Fixing flagpole to a wall

Hi
Need a temporary solution as I hope to be moving house in the next few months and taking it with me. I recently had a new patio laid which displaced the pole (and the last bit of lawn/earth), and there's only one place left to put it.
20-foot aluminum flagpole with ground sleeve, but the area where I want to put it is concreted so I need to mount the sleeve (or the bottom of flagpole) above ground, next to a wall approx 5ft tall. I am picturing using a kind of bracket system attached to the wall, maybe one at the top and one bottom, to hold the pole in place, similar to a guttering downpipe idea. The sleeve is approx 2 1/4" across (5.5cm) with approx 7" (17 3/4cm) diameter. Anyone know of any decent brackets that would do the job? I don't need something that'll last for 25 years, but want something slightly better than a bodge. I've also toyed with the idea of using a normal gutter downpipe (bigger than the sleeve), attaching it to the wall with heavy-duty brackets and setting the sleeve inside it with concrete/cement but I'll need to re-use the sleeve in the next house. Is this possible, and can I put something on the sleeve so it can be removed when the concrete is set? I'll probably bin the fixings when I move but take the pole and sleeve with me.
Any help much appreciated.
How about getting two or three aeriel mast brackets (e.g. screwfix part 90874) and replacing the smaller U bolts with something like car exhaust U bolts of a large enough diameter to go around the mast?
http://www.tubeclip.co.uk/Pages/UBolts.html suggests you can get them in various sizes and large enough.
Midge.

Excellent idea, will larger U-bolts fit the bracket(s)?
You'll have to drill extra holes for sure - and maybe open up existing ones. The only issue to consider is larger U bolts will typically be made from larger diameter rod - so you need to make sure the larger holes don't weaken the brackets.
You may find the supplied U bolts are maybe M5 or M6, and you might be up to M10 for the size you need. Assume the pole itself is maybe just under 2 inch diameter judging by sleeve size?
An alternative to the aeriel brackets if they are a bit too weedy for M10 holes, may be to find some very strong/hefty shelf or other angle brackets and mount them sideways.
On 22/04/2010 23:03, Midge wrote:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MX381.html
Good find! Didn't know you could get them that big.

On 22/04/2010 21:08, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

I wouldn't have thought it should be very expensive to get the local blacksmith or engineering firm to bend four bits of 1/4" x 1" flat steel bar into a pair of clamping brackets with mounting lugs on, if you end up with a problem with Midge's excellent idea.
Rob Graham