fixing broadband cable out-of-sight

Hi I have a broadband cable that goes across the front of the house (about 6 ft) and want to hide it under a PVCu door sill. I know it's possible to buy stick-on cable fixings that I could stick to the underside of the sill and clip the cable to these. I can't find any, however, in the usual DIY outlets in my area. Can anyone suggest where I might find these, and also confirm that stick-on fittings would work. I assume cleaning the plastic with meths would be enough, prior to sticking the fixings on? Would it be better to use araldite?

Any suggestions welcome - thanks Stew

Maplins, perhaps. They certainly used to sell them.

I would use plastic self-adhesive pads and cable ties. The plastic will expand and contract at the same rate as the sill, so they won't work themselves off due to differential expansion, as aluminium clips will.

Araldite or other epoxy resion is just as likely to fall off as the adhesive pads supplied, when appleid to pvc.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Here

Or Maplins or Radio Spares.

You need to clean the surface but the sticky pads will still fall off after a few months.

Nope. Just peels off. Either screw the clips on using small self tapping screws if you can get in or cyanoacrylate adhesive. I've found the gel version works best. This stuff but it is expensive.

B&Q used to stock it but radio spares has it if you can get an account.

The clips work well with their own double sided tape on clean aluminium surfaces and some plastics. They *do* tend to fall off PVCu window frames and similar. Best clean all tape off and use Cyano gel with activator.

Reply to
AG

the pads will fall off, so what i did use the pads but apply a bit of mastic as well so that when the pads lost the stickyness the mastic held it in place etc.

geewhizza

afaik Radio Spares are now RS Components (rswww.com) and will take money from anyone Also Farnell do similar stuff, and definitely take private credit card orders hth Neil

Reply to
neil

I had to get an account to order from them. Haven't had nything for a few years though.

Reply to
AG

I recall placing an order with them in 1978, and being told off by the telephonist for still calling them Radio Spares even back then.

That hasn't been a requirement for at least 6 years now (and possibly much longer).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I was still using them until 1998. Always called them Radio Spares and never had a complaint. Although I ordered from the Washington branch and being northerners were perhaps not so PC. Always remember ordering a bacon bun in a canteen in a Thames side tank farm and being shouted at with " THEY'RE ROWELS DEAR, ROWELS" from the biddy behind the counter. Definitely PC . :)

Reply to
AG