Fitting wardrobes

Hi,
About to buy some wardrobes (probably mfi) and I wanted to fix them to the wall so they are more solid and stuff doesn't slip down the back. I've ripped off all the old skirting anyway so my question is this. What's the best order for units, skirting and carpet. I was going to fix all the units in place on the bare floorboards, then fit the skirting, then get the carpet fitted. Is this the best way to do it ?. Would a carpet fitter be able to work around the fixed units.
Thanks in advance,
Graham.

If you are going to leave the wardrobes there (even when you leave). Then yes this is the way to go. You can then make sure the 'robes are 'rock solid' and the carpet fitters will fit the carpet up to them. The carpet fitters will not thank you if there are (very) small gaps to fill with carpet either between adjacent 'robes or walls.
HTH
John
A carpet fitter should manage that o.k. That was exactly how I did it. Fixed units on wall to secure [also bridge units] and the carpet fitter fitted carpet as normal round the warbrobe units.
Cheers Sandy

the
fitter
From my personal experience of MFI don't do it - buying from MFI - I won't expand on this other than to say it took almost three months to resolve and obtain a refund. If you are able to, try Ikea much more robust and far easier to deal with IMHO